The building where the Cultural Center of the State Security Service (SSS) is located is an example of 20th century architecture. At the site of the building, there was a church designed by the famous Polish architect Jozef Ploszko in 1909-1912, which was demolished under Bolshevik rule in 1931.
In the 1930s, a decision was made to establish a cultural club in Baku for the internal affairs and security bodies that formed a single agency at the time. Although the building, later known as the Dzerzhinsky Club, was under construction in 1938-39, construction work was halted due to World War II. In 1947, the construction of the building was completed based on a project of the Azerbaijan State Design Institute.
Various events of state importance were held for a long time in the building where certain construction and completion work was carried out under the leadership of Chief Engineer Hasan Majidov in 1951-53. Such events include congresses attended by National Leader Heydar Aliyev, anniversary ceremonies of the State Security Committee, the Interior Ministry and border troops.
According to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated 31 January 2008, the building where the Cultural Center of the State Security Service is located was handed over to this body. The official opening of the building of the Cultural Center after major overhaul was held on 14 March 2009 with the participation of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
Equipped with high-quality sound and lighting equipment, the Cultural Center has a concert hall for 600 people, a small hall for 100 people, a conference hall and a restaurant for 120 people.